Please come prepared with a list of your medications, a list of questions you need answered, and be prepared to describe any changes in length or severity of your symptoms.
- A thorough neurological history and exam will be performed, followed by discussion. New patient consults are approximately 45-60 minutes.
- Follow-up appointments are approximately 30-45 minutes. Additional follow-ups will be offered until the diagnosis and management plan are fully understood and implemented.
- Patients may be video recorded to capture their neurological status as part of their visit. These recordings may be shown to other medical professionals for diagnostic or educational purposes.
Insurance & Copays
Neurology Solutions Movement Disorders Center accepts most major medical insurance. Copays and deductibles will be collected at the time of your appointment. Payments for optional services will be the financial responsibility of the patient and family.
NSC physicians and staff usually are not available for emergencies nights or weekends.
Emergencies after hours must be referred to the emergency room, preferably North Austin Medical Center ER. In order to limit the risk of emergencies on weekends, please do not start any new medication changes on Thursday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday.
Optional Telemedicine Consultations
Studies demonstrate that patients and families typically remember about 20 percent of the clinical information provided during an office visit. Likewise it is difficult for patients and families to understand the meaning of a complex diagnosis and management plan when office visits are brief and often far between.
We intend to find ways of providing the best quality of neurological healthcare possible and have created basic guidelines to help streamline and hopefully improve the doctor/patient relationship. Telemedicine consultations are available to allow for further discussion and consultation on your condition or treatment plan. These consultations should allow for increased physician access for all patients, and will help patients and families achieve a better understanding of neurological disease and the management plan.
- Telemedicine consultations may be scheduled during normal business hours at a fee of $75 every 15 minutes.
- Optional services do not constitute immediate or priority call coverage for emergencies. If an emergency occurs and NSC staff are unavailable for whatever reason, you or your family must call 911 and go directly to the emergency room at NAMC or the nearest hospital facility. It is often impossible to predict the cause of a neurological deterioration over the phone: Actual hands-on examination, observation and stabilization by a physician in the emergency room, with appropriate neurological consultation if necessary, is required.
- All other urgent calls and/or any discussions that suggest a need for major medical management changes may be referred for an actual clinic visit as soon as possible.
- Neurology Solutions reserves the right to terminate telemedicine services at any time for any reason. Patients may also terminate optional telemedicine services at any time. Any remaining deposit balance will be refunded promptly.
- Payments for optional services will be the financial responsibility of the patient and family.
Patient Portal for Neurology Solutions Patients
The Neurology Solutions’ Patient Portal provides a secure website that gives our patients convenient 24-hour access to personal health information. Click below to access the portal.