Movement Disorders Center
Neurology Solutions Movement Disorders Center offers therapeutic drug and surgical therapies, as well as physical, behavioral, and cognitive therapy for movement disorders, including Parkinson’s disease, essential tremor, dystonia, and other neurological or movement disorders. Our multidisciplinary team is equipped with special training to diagnose and treat a wide range of movement disorders.
Located on North Lamar Boulevard in Austin, Texas, the clinic includes collaboration with the Department of Neurosurgery at St. David’s North and other disciplines for surgical placement of deep brain stimulation electrodes when appropriate. Neurology Solutions Movement Disorders Center also includes a representative from the Capital Area Parkinson’s Society and provides access to educational resources and telemedicine. Our physician works collaboratively with our team of physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech therapists, a physician assistant, licensed family therapist and advanced nurse practitioner specializing in Parkinson’s Disease.
Neurology Solutions’ patients receive an extensive medical evaluation by our Neurology specialists including a complete medical history with information about the patient’s current and past symptoms, other medical conditions, medications, family history and social history. Our neurologist may also review other medical records related to the patient’s neurological condition, including recent MRIs or CT scans of the brain or spine. With this information, the Neurology Solutions Team and Dr. Izor develop a tailored treatment plan addressing the patient’s specific needs.
Patients have access to extensive resources:
- A physician specialized in the care of movement disorders
- Integrated interdisciplinary care
- Telemedicine service
- Multidisciplinary clinics including physical therapy, speech therapy, and occupational therapy
- Cognitive evaluation and psychological counseling
- Compassionate and caring staff
- Neurology Solutions’ on-site physical therapy center, Austin Renewal Therapy, providing traditional and specialized physical and occupational therapies to improve patient functioning and quality of life